1) This song Unicorn, was recorded by The Irish Rovers. While it’s said that on St. Patrick’s Day everyone is Irish, can you honestly claim Irish heritage?
I believe there is a wee bit of Irish in my blood. My Mom had a DNA test done for geneology, and his is showing about 20%, Irish and English heritage.
2) According to the 2000 Census, Massachusetts is the state with the largest percentage of residents of Irish descent. Have you ever been to The Bay State? I have driven through MA, but I don’t think I have ever spent anytime in the state visiting. One of the only NE states I have not vacationed in.
3) Other than St. Patrick, what is Ireland famous for? The Blarney Stone, four leaf clovers.
4) St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated the world over. They even watch marching bands and wave Irish flags on St. Patrick’s Day in Moscow. Does your town have a St. Patrick’s Day parade? My town does not, but Philadelphia, the closest city does have a parade.
5) “The wearing o’ the green” is one way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Will you wear something green in honor of the day? I don’t really own very much green and I have to work tomorrow. There is nothing in my work wardrobe that is green. I might polish my nails green though!
6) Have you ever had green beer? Not in a long time, but I remember a couple St Patrick’s Day when I was in college when we had huge parties with kegs of green beer!
7) Have you ever ordered a Shamrock Shake at McDonald’s? Yes. I had one just the other day and will probably get one to celebrate the day tomorrow since I won’t be drinking any green beer. I remember being in the hospital many years ago on St. Patrick’s Day and a friend brought me a shake, so they have always been a tradition.
8) A four-leaf clover is considered good luck. Do you have a lucky charm? I don’t really have anyone thing that I consider a lucky charm. My daughter got her first tattoo a few weeks ago and it is a small four leaf clover on her inner wrist.
9) Speaking of Lucky Charms, they are magically delicious. What brand of cereal is in your kitchen right now? We have Blueberry Mini Wheats, Cheerios, Kashi, Reeses cereal, All Bran….
Check out other Saturday 9er’s.
Love and Irish Coffees.